Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Life Lesson: Lean into Life!

 


When I first heard Fantasia’s newest single No Time for It”, I started to ask myself two questions:

1.      “Am I making time for what matters most to me?”
2.    “Am I tolerating situations in my life that will not lead to my greater good?”

My commitment to growing and flourishing in life in every aspect of my life provides me with the context which I am able to assess the current state of each area of my life and determine where improvements need to be made and most important, where I need to say, “no time for it” and stop tolerating situations that are not adding to my greater good.

Time is finite. As much as we would like to think that “someday” we’ll get around to doing what matters most to us, this is an illusion which often leads to living with regrets as we get older and begin to reflect on how we could have made more time for what matters most to us by deciding to not give time to that which didn’t increase our ability to grow and flourish.

You think, you will always have time. As someone who has experienced the unexpected loss of several loved ones, I know this is far from the truth. Grief has a way of stripping away the scales on our eyes so that we see with new eyes what matters most in our life.


If we aren’t intentional about the experiences we want in every aspect of our lives, it is likely that we will never experience what we truly desire. Instead, we will begin to accept whatever life hands us and start to settle for “what is” when all the while “what can be” is possible.

To overcome “settling for whatever life hands us,” we have to develop personal practices that reflect our intentions. Because I’m a morning person, most of the time, I make time to pray and meditate on the truth of God’s word as well as read a daily devotion/reflection from Marianne Williamson’s book A Year of Miracles. I do this with the intention of showing up and engaging people from a state of gratitude, grace and love throughout my day.

Even with this intention, there are days when I miss the mark. I don’t beat myself up about it. I accept that the journey of my life will continue to provide me with teachable moments for me to grow.

While I strive to be a “champion of possibility” and live this truth, I’ve come to realize that I cannot expand my influence to make a bigger difference in the lives of people without developing an expanded consciousness of how God sees the world and sees the potential within me.

This is what I had to do when I went from earning minimum wage to become an award-winning leader of million dollar businesses. This is what I must do for the message of my book Get Unstuck Now to get in the hands of more people, and my company, Braveheart Training Group and the BTG-Brave Life Project to become catalysts for helping people develop a faith consciousness that diminishes the fears and limiting beliefs holding them back from becoming who they are divinely designed to be.

This is what I know for sure. Everything we experience in life provides us with opportunities to embody more of our divine self. This requires us to awaken to the truth of our existence without judgment.  Our assumptions about life are often dismantled during challenging experiences. The benefit to us: we gain new perspectives about ourselves and expand our beliefs about what is possible in our lives.

When I began to assess areas in my life that are not aligned with my value of flourishing in life, such as, some of my family relationships, personal finances, and the growth of my training business, I realized that in these areas I needed to make time to develop a deeper level of faith that inspires me to think bigger, feel bolder and act braver.

I decided to add listening to words of faith to my morning ritual. Romans 10:7 states, So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. (KJV) I signed up for Pastor Rick Warren’s Daily Hope messages which fuel my faith, confidence, and courage to trust God and myself.


I won’t pretend that I know the areas of your life which you need to make time for what matters most to you, or, where you need to make the decision to stop giving time to that which is not adding to your greater good, but, I do know this, twelve months from today, you will have lived an additional 8760 hours and how you decided to live these hours will be reflected in your life, a year from now.

If you’re like me, you want to see positive change in your life from year to year. You don’t want to keep spinning your wheels and making no or little progress towards living the experiences you desire.

If this is true, it's time for you to be honest with yourself. You have to make personal commitments about what you stand for and what you won’t stand for. You have to get clear about what it is you truly want to experience in the next twelve months and create a plan that you feel compelled to execute on a daily basis to take your life to the next level.

No one can decide for us what matters most to us. We should never give anyone the power to do so. These values are personal and unique to us, as our DNA. We have to be proactive towards establishing our intentions on a daily basis and identifying the mindset and behaviors that we need to practice and cultivate to manifest our intentions.


Living a meaningful and fulfilling life doesn’t happen by happenstance. On a daily basis, you and I have to lean into what matters most to us so that our lives emerge into the realization of our grandest intentions. Progress increases our happiness. The more progress we experience towards realizing the positive change we want in our lives, the happier we will become.

We have one life to live.  We will experience success and setbacks, love and heartache. And through it all, the strength of our spirit will serve to show us how to remain openhearted to what is and brave hearted to express the courage to go forward. One step at a time. Trust the process.

Our spirit, soul, and body are refreshed through appreciation and our ability to lean into life, accepting what is while expanding our capacity to become more, do more and experience more. God is always expanding. We are created in his image, therefore, we should be expanding. Our greatest contribution on Earth is to collaborate with our soul’s expression of its brilliance.

Lean into life. Lean into the full expression of your brilliance. Think bigger, feel bolder and act braver by developing your faith and cultivating a success consciousness. As you do, you will discover new pathways to possibilities that are beyond your present fears and limitations.

I leave you with these words by Mark Nepo from his book The Endless Practice: Becoming Who You Were Born to Be.

“…waking as human beings, where the human is finite and the being is infinite, there’s always more spirit in us than one life can carry. By our very nature, each of us is challenged to grow out of one self into another. We blossom and outgrow selves the way butterflies emerge from cocoons. Except that, being human, we have the chance to emerge from many cocoons. Mysteriously, saying yes is one of the ways we begin to emerge. Saying yes is how the infinite spirit we’re born with keeps moving through us into the world, redefining each time it emerges.”

With much love and appreciation,

Jackie

P.S. Join me and millions of others as we take back Mother's Day. Click here for details.