Skip to main content

Feeling Grateful: Manifesting Grace through Gratitude



Gratitude opens up a space of light in every experience.
~Deepak Chopra~

Welcome O’ Brave One. I am honored that you have decided to spend the next 30 days engaging the practice of gratitude. Over the next 4 weeks, you and I will immerse ourselves in various perspectives on the subject of gratitude and its benefits to our lives.

For me, the practice of gratitude helps me to remain mindful of all the good that is happening in my life. It continues to sharpen my emotional intelligence skills which are critical when we’re experiencing challenging moments in life. Ardath Rodale writes, “Grace is the power, beauty, and love of God that is always around us, gratitude gives us the eyes to see it.”

Rodale’s words speaks to the intention of this blog series, which is to expand our awareness of gratitude by seeing ourselves and life with new eyes. As it is with everything in life, a fresh outlook on any particular subject helps us to deepen our understanding of it, which increases the likelihood that we can convert our new found understanding into useful action.


When you think about grace and gratitude, what comes to mind? For me, I think about specific experiences when I questioned my ability to endure and overcome them. And, yet, as soon as I was willing to let go of my “should be” story and accept the truth of my reality, I was able to tap into a greater measure of grace to navigate my way forward.

I think about the dreams and goals I’ve accomplished from such humble beginnings. I acknowledge the sufficiency of God’s grace and my ability to tap into it while maintaining the strength and focus necessary to keep pressing through roadblocks until a dream became my reality.

I consider the recent challenges faced by several members of my family and how thankful I am that many of these situations are working out better than we’d hoped. And for those circumstance in which there remains uncertainty, we continue to believe that all things are working out for our good. I’m not implying that this is easy, nevertheless, the alternative consist of being consumed by fear and worry. I’ve learned that fear and worry only robs us of our peace of mind. Peace of mind is a personal value. so I do my best not to intentionally engage anything that will disturb it.

As my plan to create a new website to expand the impact of my mission as a “champion of possibility” gains traction, I am deeply appreciative of the grace of strength, support and encouragement I am receiving from those within my inner-circle who are rooting for my success.


Albert Schweitzer stated, “At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us.”

I believe without a doubt that the level of energy I embody is directly linked to my heartfelt appreciation for the goodness that abound in my life, my daughter’s and god-daughter’s life, and my family and friends lives. This doesn’t mean that our lives are perfect. It just means I’ve learned how to accept my imperfections and life’s imperfections with a heart of appreciation.

Take full account of the excellencies which you possess, and in gratitude remember how you would hanker after them, if you had them not.” — Marcus Aurelius

Manifesting grace through gratitude allows us to see with new eyes the beauty of life, and developing the mindfulness to make the most of our moments.

Manifesting grace through gratitude enables us to take moments throughout our day to say, thank you.

Manifesting grace through gratitude helps us to live consciously versus on auto-pilot, thus making the most of our moments.

Manifesting grace through gratitude enables us to create empowering beliefs about who we are and what is possible in our lives. We recognize there is no limit to the amount of grace we can experience because not only is it all around us, it is within us.

“You simply will not be the same person two months from now after consciously giving thanks each day for the abundance that exists in your life. And you will have set in motion an ancient spiritual law: the more you have and are grateful for, the more will be given you.” — Sarah Ban Breathnach

All Gratitude

Jackie

Popular posts from this blog

8 Reasons You Feel Emotionally Exhausted

If you neglect to recharge a battery, it dies. And if you run full speed ahead without stopping for water, you lose momentum to finish the race.
~ Oprah Winfrey ~

How often have you thought, “Where’s my get up and go? I’m tired all the time. But it’s not my body that’s tired. It’s like it’s me that’s tired inside my body.” So many of us are caught up in an energy rat race”, according to Mira Kirshenbaum, author of The Emotional Energy Factor: The Secrets High Energy People Use to Beat Emotional Fatigue. She says, “The demands of life, if not managed, will exhaust our emotional energy.” Emotional energy is defined by Kirshenbaum as “the preconditions for everything we care about. Everything worth doing that’s difficult gets lost without it. Marriages fail when we run out of the emotional energy to reach one more time across the divide of anger and silence. Dreams die when we lack the emotional energy to hang in there in the face of all the obstacles.” In my blog post, Simple Steps to Mana…

Veteran Day Quotes: 45 Inspirational Images and Sayings to Honor Our Veterans!

Managing Your Greatest Workplace Frustration

Whenever you’re in conflict with someone, there is one factor that can make the difference between damaging your relationship and deepening it. That factor is attitude.
~William James~
If I conducted a survey on your job and it consisted of this question: Out of the following two issues, which would you say is the greatest source of your workplace frustration: “people issues” or “job tasks”, which of the two issues do you believe would receive the most votes? For most of us, once we master the primary tasks related to our job, we are usually able to complete our position responsibilities with little or no help or supervision. But, when it comes down to dealing with rude customers, over-demanding bosses, and hard to get along with co-workers, most of us, would probably vote “people issues” as the greatest source of our workplace frustration. In this article, you will learn about key factors that can be used to better manage your workplace relationships and reduce the frustration that you…