Saturday, January 3, 2015

My Year End Review of 2014


I started 2014 with great anticipation as I planned to build upon what was working in 2013. I presented 4 Keys to Stepping Into Your Leadership Greatness in January to a very engaged crowd of women and two men at the WOW event. A few weeks later, I began my FREE Lead to Succeed Seminar Series which took place each Monday during February. I conducted the series as a way of paying forward all the support that I’ve received and continue to receive from others.

My daughter, Dee was on her way to the first seminar when she was in a car accident resulting in her car being totaled. Fortunately, she was able to walk away from the accident with her life and a few bruises.

A Major Loss
During the month of February, our family was faced with the unexpected loss of my nephew Davon Capers. His death was like a sucker punch to the gut of our family. We are all still processing the grief that comes from such a loss. I ask that you say a special prayer for my brother, Laronzo, his wife, Charlene, my niece, Cherelle and my nephew Byron. As well as for the young man on trial for the murder of my nephew and his family. Many lives have been forever changed as a result of this tragedy.

I completed the Lead to Succeed Seminar Series, however, my plans of conducting two other seminar series in the spring and summer never came to fruition.

Shifting Into Another Gear after Disappointment
My biggest disappointment came after spending the end of 2013 and much of the first seven months of 2014 planning and organizing the 1st Annual Elevate Dreamers Academy summer camp that was to take place in August, only to find out weeks before the start date that the space that I’d reserved had been double-booked. You can read about it here.

This experience served as the catalyst for shifting me into another gear. I was very upset over this situation for several weeks and then I shifted my focus when I realized it provided me with a knowing that I have to do more to make sure the Elevate Dreamers Academy launches in 2015. It’s not enough for me to believe that it will have a positive impact on the lives of people or have a strong desire to make it happen, I must do what it takes for me to have the funds necessary to make it a reality. Period.

A Very Proud Moment
I was able to complete and deliver my book, Get Unstuck Now which is available at Amazon.com, BarnesandNoble.com and numerous other online distribution sites. Yes, the writing of the book felt similar to giving birth to my children. The nine and half months that it took for me to remain dedicated to writing, re-writing, editing and editing and after publishing it, editing some more has been a labor of love. This has become one of the most proudest moments of my life. These months do not reflect the total time I spent researching, writing several outlines and tossing them for the present flow of the book.

When You Teach What You Know…This Happens
After publishing the book, I had a hunch to conduct an eight-week Get Unstuck Now Case Study Program It began in August and ended in October. It’s one thing to write a book about your experiences and the journey of transformation that’s happened in your life as a result of various practices and strategies, it’s something more profound when you share that knowledge face to face with others and be able to walk with them as they begin a similar journey and see how the information resonates within them and what they do with it to bring about positive change in their lives. 

Saying YES to the unction in my spirit to complete this program has yielded me with so much more understanding of the challenges individuals face when they are stuck and why specific approaches to the information yields better results than others. The information from this case-study will be very helpful with the launch of the online course for the book. Because the book is part of a series, I’m looking forward to conducting similar case-studies in the future for the remaining books in the series.

Every Small Step Forward Matters
At the beginning, in the middle and at the end of the year, I’ve had the opportunity to have many of my articles published on various online sites. Doing so enabled me to gain more exposure online and served to increase traffic to my blog and convert readers into subscribers of my blog.

Personally, I realized that I have to be diligent towards my spiritual practices even more so than ever if I’m going to I forge ahead with the courage and confidence necessary to actualize the vision and mission for my online business and the Elevate Dreamers Academy. I know that I know when I’m strong from the inside-out my level of clarity, decisiveness and perseverance anchors me in the midst of challenges and allows me to tap into a greater measure of the strength in my spirit to keep moving forward, in spite of circumstances. I also know the opposite occurs when I’m not diligent with my spiritual practices.

I've been able to connect with some great people at a few networking and community events in my local area and online. I’m looking forward to seeing how several of these relationships will blossom into friendships and joint ventures.

#FeelingGrateful
The 30-Day Feeling Grateful Blog Series I conducted during the month of November was the most successful series on my blog so far. I can’t express how the participation and engagement of the posts on various social media sites that I received seemed to have ignited my passion to the next level regarding the possibilities for my blog and the building of a successful online business. This series is already on my editorial calendar for 2015.

Vision, Growth, Family and Faith
During the latter part of October and the entire month of November, I was enrolled in various online training that I believed and is now certain is crucial to the achievement of the goals I have for my online business platform.

Ending the year on a high note of gratitude increased my appreciation for everything that has occurred in 2014. I’m grateful for new relationships I’m developing as a result of some of the training that I invested in, the possibility of joint venture opportunities with several people I’ve known and/or worked with during the last 2 years.

I’m excited about my summer book tour and the people that I get to share details of my book, Get Unstuck Now and how changing our limiting stories literally can change the trajectory of our lives for the better

I’m thankful that I’m in pretty good health and not in need of any basic life necessitates, my daughter Dee is happy, in love and the Assistant Manager at Upscale Barber and Beauty Salon in Columbia, SC. I welcome the move of my blog to the Rainmaker Platform and conducting the group coaching presentations, including the seminar series I didn’t get to in 2014.

I’m glad to be alive and witness the evolution of my family as my daughter, my nieces and nephews make strides to elevate our family to the next level. Most of my family is doing quite well which pleases my heart. This year marks the 20th anniversary of my son’s death and the 40th anniversary of my mother’s death. I have dedicated 2015 to them with the goal that if they were both alive at the end of the year they would say, “Well done.”

Last but certainly not least, I’m compelled by the knowledge that God’s love never fails, never gives up and never runs out on any of us, as a result of this belief,  I’m comforted by an inner assurance that whatever this year brings and wherever my steps lead me, God is there and his grace as it has been throughout my life will be sufficient.

Be Intentional. Make 2015 AWESOME…just like you.

Champion for Your Success