Skip to main content

My Three Words for 2015


Last year, I read Chris Brogan’s post here which shared a practice he’s been doing since 2006 to achieve his goals versus the normal ritual of setting resolutions. I found that the practice helps me keep the “big picture” in mind as I make decisions, see, seize and create opportunities that increase the likelihood I would experience more of what I desire in the New Year.

I started the practice last year. I shared it at a presentation and on my blog and I was amazed at how it resonated with so many people. Last year, my three words were align, design and deliver. I wrote in my post 4 Keys to Unleashing Your Greatness, “I know from my experience that if I align my thoughts and behavior with my desired outcomes for this year, I will design a strategic plan for accomplishing my goals that increase my capacity to deliver results that can make 2014 my best year yet. If I get off track… my three words align, design and deliver would do double duty as my compass to get me back on track.



My Three Words for 2015

Flow. I will concentrate my energy and attention towards growing my brand and business in ways that is authentic to who I am. I will schedule what’s most important to growing my business by looking at the end goals for the year and breaking them down on a quarterly, monthly, weekly and daily basis. I will say NO to experiences that are not directly related to any of my personal and business goals for this year, so that I am able to say YES to those opportunities that are aligned with my desired experiences.

Expand. I have scheduled specific training during each quarter of the year for the purpose of developing and sharpening my skills as a life coach and online entrepreneur so that I can expand my business. As a result of moving my blog to the Rainmaker Platform during the first quarter of 2015, I will have access to all the critical metrics for managing an online business on one dashboard which for my personality and business experience works best for me versus using several different tools from different companies. Seeing real-time accurate measurements on a daily basis will help me to monitor and make course corrections to achieve weekly, monthly and quarterly business goals. In my personal life, I will expand my community service through the launch of the Elevate Dreamers Academy. And I’ve put nourishing my soul on the calendar by attending my first retreat in the fall.

Serve. I have the heart of a servant-leader. I understand that my business purpose is to design products and services that help solve problems, produce results and meet the emotional needs of those I serve. By creating a schedule of offline and online group training and coaching programs which I will produce (in the some cases with the help and support of the talents of others), I have the opportunity to provide high quality content, training and products on a consistent basis which will help me increase my influence of enhancing the well-being of my targeted market and audience.

So, what are your three words for 2015? Share them in the comments below, on your website, social media sites, with your friends and family. Use them to monitor your decisions and progress throughout the year.

Did you like this article? If so, please share it with your networks.

I’d like to know what you think of Chris Brogan’s “Three Words” practice. Share your thoughts in the comments below.

Champion for Your Success,


Popular posts from this blog

8 Reasons You Feel Emotionally Exhausted

If you neglect to recharge a battery, it dies. And if you run full speed ahead without stopping for water, you lose momentum to finish the race.
~ Oprah Winfrey ~

How often have you thought, “Where’s my get up and go? I’m tired all the time. But it’s not my body that’s tired. It’s like it’s me that’s tired inside my body.” So many of us are caught up in an energy rat race”, according to Mira Kirshenbaum, author of The Emotional Energy Factor: The Secrets High Energy People Use to Beat Emotional Fatigue. She says, “The demands of life, if not managed, will exhaust our emotional energy.” Emotional energy is defined by Kirshenbaum as “the preconditions for everything we care about. Everything worth doing that’s difficult gets lost without it. Marriages fail when we run out of the emotional energy to reach one more time across the divide of anger and silence. Dreams die when we lack the emotional energy to hang in there in the face of all the obstacles.” In my blog post, Simple Steps to Mana…

Veteran Day Quotes: 45 Inspirational Images and Sayings to Honor Our Veterans!

Managing Your Greatest Workplace Frustration

Whenever you’re in conflict with someone, there is one factor that can make the difference between damaging your relationship and deepening it. That factor is attitude.
~William James~
If I conducted a survey on your job and it consisted of this question: Out of the following two issues, which would you say is the greatest source of your workplace frustration: “people issues” or “job tasks”, which of the two issues do you believe would receive the most votes? For most of us, once we master the primary tasks related to our job, we are usually able to complete our position responsibilities with little or no help or supervision. But, when it comes down to dealing with rude customers, over-demanding bosses, and hard to get along with co-workers, most of us, would probably vote “people issues” as the greatest source of our workplace frustration. In this article, you will learn about key factors that can be used to better manage your workplace relationships and reduce the frustration that you…