Skip to main content

TOP 10 TED Talks for Inspiring the Best in You


I believe it is necessary for our well-being to immerse ourselves in diverse environments, around different people with different perspectives about various areas of life in order to be a well-rounded and fully actualize human beings. 

In my recent case-study work with various groups to help participants get unstuck and move forward in life, one of the key components that stands out in my mind as a defining characteristic of those who took effective action towards creating positive change and those that were more resistant to my suggestions and wisdom gained from my plethora of life experiences and research on the topic was this: the individuals who were open to different perspectives on the stories that they were telling themselves about themselves and the emotional meanings they had attached to various experiences in their lives were able to create and maintain momentum towards moving forward in their lives during and after their group ended while those who were less open to different perspectives, in several cases, returned to the "familiar" state of mind and behavior which keeps them stuck.

This insight from these various groups emulates what I found to be true in my own life. Periods in which I believed and assumed that “my way” of thinking was “the” way to perceive a particular situation or experience often resulted in me remaining stuck until I began to seek out different perspectives on the situation and experience. Whereas during periods in my life when I was constantly immersing myself with various perspectives about different aspects of my life and experiences, I was able to expand my awareness, understanding and capacity to be more, do more and experience more of what I truly desired. 

Because of my experiences and continuous research on the power of story on our lives, this has now become a central focus of my speaking, mentoring and coaching activities. I believe that everyone can live a life that inspires the best in them. Central to this achievement is the transforming our story. It is our inner-map that shapes our beliefs, identity, decisions, experiences and quality of life.

I have chosen to share these particular TED Talks because of the diversity of perspectives presented by each speaker. I recommend that you save this article and share this article with those closest to you so that each of you can refer back to it for inspiration, motivation and empowerment as you move forward towards living a life that inspires the best in YOU!

"Nature. Beauty. Gratitude." A spectacular presentation of the wonder of nature and gratitude through the lens of Louie Schwartzberg.



Actress Thandie Newton discusses the importance of "embracing otherness to find ourselves."



 Sheena Iyenger discusses "the art of choosing."


Kathryn Schulz discusses "on being wrong.


Brene Brown discusses "the power of vulnerability."


Janet Echelman discusses "taking creativity seriously."



Sarah Lewis discusses "embrace the near wins."


Kelly McGonigal discusses "how to make stress your friend."


Andy Puddicombe discusses "all it takes is 10 mindful minutes."


Matt Cutts discusses "try something new for 30 days".


Did you like this article? Share your comments about these and other TED talks that inspire the best in you below in the comments. Share this article with your network and help inspire the best in others.

Champion for Your Success

Popular posts from this blog

8 Reasons You Feel Emotionally Exhausted

If you neglect to recharge a battery, it dies. And if you run full speed ahead without stopping for water, you lose momentum to finish the race.
~ Oprah Winfrey ~

How often have you thought, “Where’s my get up and go? I’m tired all the time. But it’s not my body that’s tired. It’s like it’s me that’s tired inside my body.” So many of us are caught up in an energy rat race”, according to Mira Kirshenbaum, author of The Emotional Energy Factor: The Secrets High Energy People Use to Beat Emotional Fatigue. She says, “The demands of life, if not managed, will exhaust our emotional energy.” Emotional energy is defined by Kirshenbaum as “the preconditions for everything we care about. Everything worth doing that’s difficult gets lost without it. Marriages fail when we run out of the emotional energy to reach one more time across the divide of anger and silence. Dreams die when we lack the emotional energy to hang in there in the face of all the obstacles.” In my blog post, Simple Steps to Mana…

Veteran Day Quotes: 45 Inspirational Images and Sayings to Honor Our Veterans!

Managing Your Greatest Workplace Frustration

Whenever you’re in conflict with someone, there is one factor that can make the difference between damaging your relationship and deepening it. That factor is attitude.
~William James~
If I conducted a survey on your job and it consisted of this question: Out of the following two issues, which would you say is the greatest source of your workplace frustration: “people issues” or “job tasks”, which of the two issues do you believe would receive the most votes? For most of us, once we master the primary tasks related to our job, we are usually able to complete our position responsibilities with little or no help or supervision. But, when it comes down to dealing with rude customers, over-demanding bosses, and hard to get along with co-workers, most of us, would probably vote “people issues” as the greatest source of our workplace frustration. In this article, you will learn about key factors that can be used to better manage your workplace relationships and reduce the frustration that you…