Skip to main content

Living My Dream Profile: Erica T. Edmond, MBA

Erica T. Edmond, MBA is a recent graduate of Strayer University with a Master Certificate in Acquisition. She is an alumni of the University of Phoenix where she achieved a BS and MBA in Management.

 Erica have over 10 years dedicated to improve the economic conditions of small business enterprises by empowering them in accessing resources to enhance their market penetration opportunities as well as sources of capital for their operations and growth. Currently, she is a doctoral student at Walden University.

In 2001, she became the founder and CEO of the Edmond Consulting Group LLC, a small business consulting advisory firm which has developed into five divisions. The company provides financial services, business services, risk management and insurance, public adjuster and entrepreneur leadership development.

Erica have a desire to inspire others to form a greater vision for their lives, both personally and professionally. She also have a need to help others recognize the impact they have on those around them. By creating a higher-definition vision, she believe we can redirect our focus and give direction to our actions.
.
ECG’s vision and mission is to equip and encourage smaller disadvantage companies with the capacity to compete with larger corporations for government contracting with the necessary resources to make them successful. ECG’s target markets are government agencies and private organizations such as nonprofit organizations.




Q1. What was happening in your life when you decided to pursue your dream?

Erica: When I decided to become an entrepreneur, I was going through a tough time in my life. I was young and had been charged with minor misdemeanors. By the grace of God and prayerful family members, my perspective on life changed. Even though many jobs were turning me down because of my previous charged and I knew there had to be a place for me to show the new and improved me. 

I had always aspired to become a business owner. As I began to do some research on becoming an entrepreneur, I found out that there is so much information to know as a business owner. At that moment, I realized how important and valuable it would be to help others attain the necessary knowledge and skills to compete successfully in the marketplace. I started networking with like-minded individuals. As a result, I was able to gain the support of some amazing mentors, many of them have 20 + years of business experience. Today, they are my business partners.  I enrolled in college and I've never looked back. 

Q2. Why was this experience instrumental in your decision to pursue your dream(s)?

Erica: I refused to allow my past experience and decisions stop me from building a successful future. Employers wouldn't hire me so I started my own business. Now I teach my entrepreneurship classes to Junior Achievement students so that they are able to develop a similar mindset towards any challenges that they may face in their lives.  I want them to believe that regardless of their past experiences or present situation they should never allow their future to be held hostage by their past.

Q3. *How have the pursuit and achievement of your dream effected your perception of yourself and what's possible in life?

Erica; The pursuit of my achievements have made me a better person as a whole. It keeps me constantly researching my markets to keep my clients inform of changes in laws, available resources and striving to achieve the high credentials I believe will increase my knowledge for my customers to feel secure that they have a qualified professional representing them.

Q4. In moments when you face setbacks and challenges, what are a few actions that you take to maintain the resolve to keep moving forward towards your goals?

Erica: The setbacks that I ran into is financial difficulties to fund projects. However, I used some of my debt factoring and a few insurance and investment portfolios to assist me thru the hardship along with trusting God to see me thru my difficult time.

Q5. *As a result of your work, what positive change have you manifested in your life, your family, business and/or community?

Erica: Well, I am an empowerment advocate within our community. I volunteer my time with nonprofit organizations such as Junior Achievement, NACA, TCWFI and several others. I enjoy making a difference in the lives of people.  I consider it to be one of my greatest accomplishments. I’ve helped many families and business find financial security for themselves, children, and businesses.

Q6. If you had the superpower to completely transform one aspect of your community, what would it be, and why?

Erica: I would change the perspective that many people have about youth and adults, particularly those in disadvantaged communities. I want them to believe that they have a second chance to achieve their dreams and goals. "The reason most people never reach their goals is that they don't define them, learn about them, or even seriously consider them as believable or achievable. Winners can tell you where they are going, what they plan to do along the way, and who will be sharing the adventure with them." -- Denis Waitley

Q7. *If you were just starting to pursue your dream(s) today, what personal leadership habits would you say is essential to producing the biggest return on the investment (ROI) of your time, energy and resources?

Erica: Network with like-minded individuals, join business associations (i.e. SC Small Business Chamber of Commerce), and continue to find suppliers or partners.

Q8. What is something that very few people know about you?

Erica: I have a true desire that is deeper than passion to help others achieve their dreams as God continues to empower my capacity to achieve my dreams. Amen.
https://ssl.gstatic.com/ui/v1/icons/mail/images/cleardot.gif


Q9: How can those interested in learning more about your company and its services contact you?

Erica: Here is my contact information for individuals interested in learning more about my company and our services.

Erica T. Edmond, MBA
Edmond Consulting Group LLC 

www.consultwithedmond.com
Office: 
(770) 485-1358
In SC: 
(803) 386-9751
In GA: 
(678) 224-1328
Fax: 
(866) 543-2048
Linked In: 
www.linkedin.com/in/ecgllc
Facebook: 
www.facebook.com/ericatedmond
Twitter: 
www.twitter.com/ecgllc

"Encourage others to become an inspiration to another"


Erica's ability to not allow her future be held hostage by decisions and actions in her past is an essential characteristic for anyone who desires to win in life. Her passionate desire to expand her knowledge and skills so that she is continuously providing value to her clients is an essential skill for leaders who want to create lasting impact in the lives of others and in the level of success that their organization achieves.

 If you're interested in being profile in the Grow Forward & Flourish online community, contact me at jackiecapersbrown@gmail.com. Your story will serve as inspiration for many of the community members who are on their grind towards living their dreams.

How will you begin to use your talents and interest to make a difference in the lives of those in your community? Share your comments below.

Note: For practical advice that's fresh, personal, relevant and speaks to the common challenges faced by most of us when we strive to move forward and live a life that inspires the best in us, read my latest book, Get Unstuck Now. Click here for details about it.

Champion for Your Success

Popular posts from this blog

8 Reasons You Feel Emotionally Exhausted

If you neglect to recharge a battery, it dies. And if you run full speed ahead without stopping for water, you lose momentum to finish the race.
~ Oprah Winfrey ~

How often have you thought, “Where’s my get up and go? I’m tired all the time. But it’s not my body that’s tired. It’s like it’s me that’s tired inside my body.” So many of us are caught up in an energy rat race”, according to Mira Kirshenbaum, author of The Emotional Energy Factor: The Secrets High Energy People Use to Beat Emotional Fatigue. She says, “The demands of life, if not managed, will exhaust our emotional energy.” Emotional energy is defined by Kirshenbaum as “the preconditions for everything we care about. Everything worth doing that’s difficult gets lost without it. Marriages fail when we run out of the emotional energy to reach one more time across the divide of anger and silence. Dreams die when we lack the emotional energy to hang in there in the face of all the obstacles.” In my blog post, Simple Steps to Mana…

Veteran Day Quotes: 45 Inspirational Images and Sayings to Honor Our Veterans!

Managing Your Greatest Workplace Frustration

Whenever you’re in conflict with someone, there is one factor that can make the difference between damaging your relationship and deepening it. That factor is attitude.
~William James~
If I conducted a survey on your job and it consisted of this question: Out of the following two issues, which would you say is the greatest source of your workplace frustration: “people issues” or “job tasks”, which of the two issues do you believe would receive the most votes? For most of us, once we master the primary tasks related to our job, we are usually able to complete our position responsibilities with little or no help or supervision. But, when it comes down to dealing with rude customers, over-demanding bosses, and hard to get along with co-workers, most of us, would probably vote “people issues” as the greatest source of our workplace frustration. In this article, you will learn about key factors that can be used to better manage your workplace relationships and reduce the frustration that you…