Monday, November 10, 2014

#FeelingGrateful by Vernita Naylor

This is Day 10 of the 30-Day "Feeling Grateful" Blog Series on Grow Forward & Flourish. My heart is full of gratitude because of individuals like Vernita Naylor, who raised her hand and said YES! I'll be a part of encouraging others to embrace the power of gratitude in their everyday lives by sharing reasons why I feel grateful. 



Thank you Vernita!




Vernita Naylor left the federal government after over 25 years because she has a passion for educating individuals and businesses.  For over 13 years her company, Jabez Enterprise Group (JEGroup) has used a variety of tools and resources to educate clients from written articles, training, panels and consulting to motivational speaking.  She is the author of Get the Cheese, Avoid the Traps: An Interactive Guide to Government Contracting.

Get the Cheese is designed to educate the attendees on what it takes to become more effective and empowered as a business owner through diversity, inclusion and government contracting efforts.  She can be found at: services@jabezenterprisegroup.com, 1-800-865-0701, The JEGroupZone, JEGroupBiz on Twitter, JEGroup on LinkedIn, or JEGroup on FB.


Here are a few reasons why Vernita Naylor is #FeelingGrateful…


1.     I'll never stop being grateful for...God and what He has equipped me to do by His mercy and grace.  He has blessed me with peace, health, strength and wisdom that helps me to navigate throughout life.  I wake up each morning and end my day giving thanks for everything that He has provided to me on that day. 

I am learning how to take each day as it come, be thankful for what it has to offer and not focus on tomorrow because nothing is promised.

2.   My favorite way to say thank you is...first thanking God for all that He has given me.  Then I in turn give back in any way that I can.  We must not wait until people are gone; that’s when regret kicks in.  I try not to live in regret so to avoid that I always try to look for ways to show my appreciation and tell others thank you.

I believe that people should be given their flowers, roses, gems or whatever one wants to call it, while they are alive. 

3.   The best thank you I've received was...from others that I’ve helped.  People are always telling me how I’ve helped them.  They are either inspired by or their lives have been changed.  Being a positive influence in the lives of others Speak Volumes to me. 

It takes one person and one step at a time to make a world of difference.

4.   When I was a kid, I didn't realize how grateful I should have been for... God’s hand on my life, my parents and growing up in Oakland.  All of these aspects have made me the person that I am today.  As a kid I grew to love a lot of things but what stood out most was writing and books. 

As I reflect on my past, I now see how it has groomed me for my future, I am now an author.  I am doing one of the things that I was predestined to do……..help, influence and motivate others to dream and to live their dreams.   And now I can attest for myself that ‘Everything does work together for good.’

5.    (Bonus) The attitude of gratitude helps me to...keep on running this race, at times I get tired and weary and think that I am on the wrong track but through God, circumstances, meditation and being around and having wise council confirms and let me know that Yes, this is where I need to be and this is what I need to be doing.   Everything that we do depends upon how we look at and see the picture.  Is the glass half full, half empty or (you fill in the blank)? 

In keeping an open heart, mind, soul and spirit while reflecting on each day these practices truly gives me an attitude of gratitude.

You can be a blessing in the lives of others by sharing a few reasons why you are "feeling grateful." Your participation will be meaningful to the thousands of readers that visit this site each week and it enables you to help make a difference in the lives of others.

Submissions for the "Feeling Grateful" Blog Series will be taken up until November 20th, 2014. The deadline has been extended to give more people an opportunity to participate.

You can find out about submission guidelines in this article, Get Into the Thanksgiving Spirit: Be a Part of the "Feeling Grateful" Blog Series and discover a daily ritual that have been proven to enhance well-being.

If you know someone who might be interested in participating, please share this post with them. I would appreciate it.

Join the conversation on Twitter @Coach_JackieB and share why you are feeling grateful using the hash tag #FeelingGrateful.

Grateful Heart

 



Jackie Capers-Brown
Founder, Grow Forward & Flourish
Author, Get Unstuck Now