#FeelingGrateful by Donitta Booth

This is Day 5 of the 30-Day "Feeling Grateful" Blog Series on Grow Forward & Flourish. 

My heart is full of gratitude because of individuals like Donitta Booth, who raised her hand and said YES! I'll be a part of encouraging others to embrace the power of gratitude in their everyday lives by sharing reasons why I feel grateful. 

Thank you Donitta!


Donitta has worked for over 20 years at Mid-Columbia Council of Governments in The Dalles, OR doing career coaching and training including teaching Color Code workshops. She specializes in working with people when they are down on their luck encouraging, motivating and inspiring them to believe and pursue new possibilities in life.

For more information about Donitta, visit her website http://www.flairpd.com/.

Here are a few reasons why Donitta Booth is #FeelingGrateful…
1.     I'll never be stop being grateful for... my happiness and my positive outlook on life - I always look for the bright spot in a negative situation and give people the benefit of the doubt if they hurt or anger me - always assuming it wasn't intended that way.

2.   My favorite way to say thank you is...a gift showing someone I was thinking about them (can be something small, just some sort of recognition that lasts longer than words).

3.   The best thank you I've received was...when someone recently thanked me for something I had said to encourage them - the conversation happened months, if not years before, but it meant so much to them that they could practically quote what I had said word for word.

4.   When I was a kid, I didn't realize how grateful I should have been for...the way I was raised to take responsibility for my life and to make good choices; and my parents teaching me to respect authority.  I tend to be a rebel, but learned at an early age about RHIP - Rank Has Its Privileges.  That has helped me to succeed in life - I've gotten much further than I would have been able to with my natural inclinations.

5.    (Bonus) The attitude of gratitude helps me to...keep perspective on life - even when things don't seem to be going my way, I just have to remember everything I have to be thankful for and how much worse it could be.

Like Donitta, you can be a blessing in the lives of others by sharing a few reasons why you are "feeling grateful." Your participation will be meaningful to the thousands of readers that visit this site each week and it enables you to help make a difference in the lives of others.

Submissions for the "Feeling Grateful" Blog Series will be taken up until November 9th, 2014. You can find out about submission guidelines in this article, Get Into the Thanksgiving Spirit: Be a Part of the "Feeling Grateful" Blog Series and discover a daily ritual that have been proven to enhance well-being.

If you know someone who might be interested in participating, please share this post with them. I would appreciate it.

Join the conversation on Twitter @Coach_JackieB and share why you are feeling grateful using the hash tag #FeelingGrateful.

Grateful Heart

 



Jackie Capers-Brown
Founder, Grow Forward & Flourish
Author, Get Unstuck Now



Popular Posts