This is Day 6 of the 30-Day "Feeling Grateful" Blog Series on Grow Forward & Flourish. My heart is full of gratitude because of individuals like Caitlin Hicks, who raised her hand and said YES! I'll be a part of encouraging others to embrace the power of gratitude in their everyday lives by sharing reasons why I feel grateful. Thank you Caitlin!
Caitlin Hicks is a graduate of Loyola Marymount University with a BFA double degree in English (Writing) and French. She has published short stories, non-fiction, radio (CBC national), theatre and film.
As a playwright and performer Hicks toured in her original theatrical plays in Canada and internationally to standing ovations and excellent reviews. One of her theatre plays was adapted to a feature film called Singing the Bones (www.fatsalmon.ca).
Hicks recently signed with a US publisher for her debut novel, A Theory of Expanded Love to be released in May, 2015. (www.caitlinhicks.com/wordpress)
Caitlin Hicks Contact Information:
Writer / Performer
Here are a few reasons why Caitlin Hicks is #FeelingGrateful…
1. I'll never stop being grateful for… my amazing life partner, my creative muse, my lover and most wonderful being whom I have walked alongside for most of my adult life. When I met him, I 'recognized' him deeply and almost immediately felt the comfort of being with him; he has taught me with his own way of being, how to expand my heart and be generous with others. Although he excels at almost everything he tries, he makes me feel great when I try to learn something new. He appreciates me for what I have to offer the world and is my best advocate. He is so creative and positive and I just flourish with his energy in my day.
2. My favorite way to say thank you … is to say 'I love you'. To fix him a cup of coffee, a meal, a gesture.
3. The best thank you I've received … was our son.
4. When I was a kid, I didn't realize how grateful I should have been for … the state of the planet; how fewer people there were; how undestroyed the forests and unpolluted the waterways; how clean the sky and the air.
5. (BONUS) The attitude of gratitude helps me to … keep my heart open to others. To see how we are all connected, to continue to put love into the world.
Like Caitlin, you can be a blessing in the lives of others by sharing a few reasons why you are "feeling grateful." Your participation will be meaningful to the thousands of readers that visit this site each week and it enables you to help make a difference in the lives of others.
Submissions for the "Feeling Grateful" Blog Series will be taken up until November 9th, 2014. You can find out about submission guidelines in this article, Get Into the Thanksgiving Spirit: Be a Part of the "Feeling Grateful" Blog Series and discover a daily ritual that have been proven to enhance well-being.
If you know someone who might be interested in participating, please share this post with them. I would appreciate it.
Join the conversation on Twitter @Coach_JackieB and share why you are feeling grateful using the hash tag #FeelingGrateful.
Founder, Grow Forward & Flourish
Author, Get Unstuck Now