Tuesday, November 25, 2014

#Feeling Grateful by Tamara L. Dean

Tamara L. Dean is the visionary for PrayHers. PrayHers is a mindset that positions women to give birth to their dreams by sowing their gifts, talents, and prayers into the dreams of other women. 
Tamara believes, “When women of faith come together with a sincere heart before God, praying one for another, we access more power to give birth to our dreams."

It is Tamara's passion to help women across cultural lines fulfill their God-given assignment. Instead of preying on each other's accomplishments, Tamara encourages women to pray for each other's success.  This idea birthed the brand, PrayHers. Tamara believes that as you sow into HERS you will reap YOURS.
 
Tamara is touching the hearts of many with her new book, PrayHers 31-Day Challenge - In Hers is Yours. "This is a book that demonstrates how rewarding it can be to pray other women out of the pit and into their rightful place of authority and blessings."
                                                                          
Tamara L. Dean is a graduate of Central Michigan University.  She and her husband Freddy Dean live in Dallas, Texas with their daughter, Destiny.

Here are a few reasons why Tamara’s #FeelingGrateful…

1.     I'll never stop being grateful for...LIFE, and the use of my limbs. I know it might sound menial, but I don’t take it for granted, or lightly that I can wake up each morning and brush my own teeth, get dress, and fix my own meals. All which make life easier and more rewarding. I think many of us take for granted our health until we are robbed of it. When arthritis took over my grandmother’s body leaving her bedridden, and no longer able to even bath her own body, she would often talk about how she wished she could go in the kitchen and cook a simple meal. She spoke of it with such aspiration and longing.  She truly enjoyed cooking, so for her it was something she took for granted, and perhaps that is the reason why I try not to.

2.   I will never stop being grateful for the privilege of being a mother. To be the conduit of another being is phenomenal! I value my child’s life and her time here on this earth. I don’t take for granted that I can wake up and see her smiling face, or hear her 8 yr. old voice, say, “Good morning mommy.” When I hear of mothers who had to endure the tragic loss of a child; it breaks my heart and help me to look into my daughter’s eye and value every moment.

And of course, last but definitely not least, I am eternally grateful for Jesus Christ. He gave His life for me. Without Him I am nothing, but with Him I can do ALL things!

3.   My favorite way to say thank you is...I love when I can thank you with a gift. It brings me great joy to express my appreciation by being a blessing.

4.   The best thank you I receive happens … when someone tells me that something I did, or said has made a significant difference in their life, I am grateful. Their words of encouragements, or motivational thank-you are the best, because they challenge you to continue doing what you are doing, and it’s a way of assuring you that what you are doing is not in vain.   

5.    When I was a kid, I didn't realize how grateful I should have been for...growing up in a household with both parents present. Although, mom and dad had a lot of rocky days, they stuck it out for 27 years until my dad passed away. I thought my dad was mean, and I couldn’t understand why a woman as nice as my mom could hook up with a grouch like my dad (lol.) Now that my dad is gone, and I am older, I am ever so grateful for who he was. I understand now that he was trying to instill ethics and responsibility into us.  Today, I can’t help but wonder what kind of advice he would have to offer me.

6.   (Bonus) The attitude of gratitude helps me... stay appreciative, focused, and out of bitterness. It can always be worse.

I am so grateful for Tamara for participating in the #FeelingGrateful Blog Series. Her passionate work demonstrates gratitude towards all of the people that she serves.

And last but not least,  I’m grateful for you taking time out of your schedule to read the #FeelingGrateful Blog Series. This series have added so much to my life as I read the comments on various posts and how they are reminding readers like you to embrace the power of gratitude in their everyday life.

Grateful Heart

 



Note: For practical advice that's fresh, personal, relevant and speaks to the common challenges faced by most of us when we strive to move forward and live a life that inspires the best in us, read my latest book, Get Unstuck Now. Click here for details about it.