Oprah Winfrey states, “The great courageous act that we must all do, is to have the courage to step out of our history and past so that we can live our dreams.” Manifesting new possibilities in your life requires unleashing a greater measure of the courage dwelling within. Courage is not something that comes from outside of us. Although external factors and influences can play a critical role in drawing it out of us. Unleashing the courage within you begins with cultivating beliefs that you are courageous.
The following 25 quotes will help you cultivate and unleash the courage within.
- It is in your power to discover that who you really are has nothing to do with fear, but that you make yourself fearful each time you look outside of yourself for some power to make you feel fearless. ~Vernon Howard
- Valor grows by daring, fear by holding back. ~Publilius Syrus'
- It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare, it is because we do not dare that things are difficult. ~Seneca
- No one can make you feel inferior without your permission. ~Eleanor Roosevelt
- Starting now never again permit hard or disapproving facial expressions to intimidate you. ~Vernon Howard
- No one can make you happy or sad or excited or angry unless you give them that power over your life. Decide right now to only give power to those things, circumstances and people that support you in getting what you want. ~Marshall Sylver
- Don't let the negativity given to you by the world disempower you. Instead give to yourself that which empowers you. ~Les Brown
- Nothing has any power over me other than that which I give it through my conscious thoughts. ~Anthony Robbins
- Nothing has any power except the power that you give it. ~Marshal Sylver
- If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself but to your estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any given moment.~Marcus Aurelius
- When two people meet, the prize always goes to the one with the most self-insight. He will be calmer, more confident, more at ease with the other. ~Vernon Howard
- He who knows much about others may be learned, but he who understands himself is more intelligent. He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still. ~Lao Tzu
- We need to find the courage to say NO to the things and people that are not serving us if we want to rediscover ourselves and live our lives with authenticity. ~Barbara De Angelis
- The number one characteristic of students who later become heads of companies is the ability to withstand uncertainty. ~David A. Thomas, Dean, Cornell Business School
- It is the individual's ability to deal with the unexpected that characterizes the difference between success and failure. ~Ross Perot
- If you wait until the wind and the weather are just right, you will never plant anything and never harvest anything. ~Ecclesiastes 11:4 (Good News Bible)
- Nothing will ever be attempted if all possible objections must be first overcome. ~Samuel Johnson
- Your true nature never needs to anxiously prove itself to others, but lives in calm command, like a popular king. ~Vernon Howard
- The real acid test of courage is to be just your honest self when everybody is trying to be somebody else. ~Andrew Jensen
- The time men spend in trying to impress others, they could spend in doing the things by which others would be impressed. ~Frank Romer
- Naturalness is the easiest thing in the world to acquire, if you will forget yourself, forget about the impression you are trying to make. ~Dale Carnegie
- This above all; to thine own self be true. ~William Shakespeare
- Do it like there's no one watching. Do it like you don't need the money. Do it like you just can't lose. JUST DO IT. ~Nike Ad
- Courage is acting in spite of fear. ~Howard W. Hunter
- In spite of fear, do what you have to do. ~Ching-Ning-Chu
Cultivating and unleashing the courage within you increases your capacity to get from where you are to where you want to be in life. The previous quotes can help boost the measure of courage that you demonstrate towards your dreams and goals if you see them as catalysts that evoke you into action.
Be Better Than Your Best!
PS. Even those people who are the most creative, productive and successful gets stuck ... it sucks! My new book, Get Unstuck Now. shares vivid details, examples, research and practical advice on one of the toughest challenges that most of us confront; how to transform limiting beliefs and negative self talk that hinders us from becoming all that we can be. Better is not only possible...it's doable by YOU! Be better. Do better. Live Better.
Invest in yourself and your future by breaking the invisible chains that's holding you back. Click on this link for more details and to purchase the book, Get Unstuck Now.
PS. If you're struggling with limiting beliefs and assumptions about who you can become, what you're smart and strong enough to handle and what you are worthy of experiencing, my new book, Get Unstuck Now shares vivid stories, practical advice and research on how to identify and transform your internal blocks and resistance to success and happiness. Get out of your own way and begin to fully express your authentic power. Click on this link for more details and to purchase the book, Get Unstuck Now.