Tuesday, August 20, 2013

6 Keys to Improving Your Productivity


It is not enough to be busy... The question is: what are we busy about?
~Henry David Thoreau~




 We live in a time of "dramatic distractions". The advancement in technology has made it so that we can be reached 24/7. If you were asked to complete a productivity journal for 48 hours, giving an account for all your actions and tasks completed during an 8 or 12 hour time period, what percentage of your time would you say that you spent completing tasks associated with manifesting experiences that are expanding your personal, professional, and spiritual well-being?

With so many distractions during our day, we have to become diligent in our efforts toward what gets our attention. I know for me, I have been guilty of spending too much time on social media networking sites and not enough of time making connections with people, face to face.

On Tuesday, August 20, 2013 I will begin my 31-Day Procrastination Diet. I got this idea from one of Robin Sharma's videos. Today, I have been working on scheduling many of the actions and tasks that I've been saying I've wanted or needed to do to make specific progress in certain aspects of my personal and professional life.

Each day during this 31-Day Procrastination Diet, I have made a commitment to taking a minimum of one action that I've been putting off doing. I have a specific short-term goal that I want to achieve within these thirty-one days, so in scheduling these actions I have the end in mind.

Like an athlete preparing for a BIG game, I am watching films, ie You Tube videos made by some of the best people that I'm aware of who are playing a BIGGER game. One of those individuals happen to be Robin Sharma, find out more information about him here.

The following video by Robin shares 6 keys to unleashing our productivity. They will certainly help me as I begin my 31-Day Procrastination Diet. I believe they will help you as well, so I decided to share them with the GFF community.






Have you been putting off til tomorrow what you can do today? If so, why don't you join me on 31-Day Procrastination Diet and build momentum for achieving a short-term goal that enhances your well-being. On Tuesdays, you can report your results here. We can offer one another support and advice as we complete actions that sparks our inner drive.

What did you think about the ideas shared in this video? Let me know in the comments below.

Thank you for sharing and contributing to the growth of the GFF community.

Thank you for sharing this post with your friends.

Remember to...

B Fearless

Jackie B