In the Spirit: Reasons Why You Should Be More Accepting of Yourself!


“It's amazing what ordinary people can do if they set out without preconceived notions.”
 ~Charles F. Kettering~ 


How many times have you thought about taking a leap of faith to do something different, to experience something different, and you talked yourself out of it?

If we're honest with ourselves, most of us have had this experience at one time or another. Often when this occurs in my life, it comes down to me thinking that I need to "perfect myself in some way" before I can begin to take meaningful action towards what it is that I want to manifest. 

Funny thing, I didn't always think this way. Many of my accomplishments in my 20's and 30's came about because I wanted to make something happened and I just believed that I would figure it all as I move forward. And by George, in most of the situations that's exactly what happened!

Whenever I focus my attention on my imperfections regarding doing something different, it creates an internal roadblock and prevents me from determining how I can make a thing happen. 

When my focus is on what I believe to be my shortcomings or where I may not measure up, compared to others, I begin to agree with my doubts. This prevents me from engaging the sacred nature of myself. I wrote about the power of agreement hereAnd, about why we should doubt our doubts here.

It is within the sacred nature of ourselves we are able to tap into the strength of our spirit to walk by faith and take courageous actions towards the better we want to manifest. It is not when our lives are dominated and driven by our ego-centric beliefs.

 I wrote the following in my post, 4 Ways to Transcend Your Ego on the Path to Self-Realization   :

"Too often we allow our ego define who we are and what we are capable of being, doing and having. When we allow our ego to have dominant control of our personal identity we deactivate the power of the divine within us and lose connection to our Creator’s power. In order for each of us to live authentic to our divine purpose we must remain connected to God’s highest vibrational energy: love."


We can transcend our ego with the intention of love in order for it to help us be our best self and reach our highest good.

In this week's In the Spirit message, Joel Osteen shares how God can use us with our limitations.



As you embark on a new week, be encouraged that you don't have to be perfect to start creating and experiencing a new level of being, doing and living. You just have to start, right where you are and as you build on the momentum from your progress, you will become aware of the wisdom, help and resources available to you to take the "next steps."

I BELIEVE IN YOU!

Thank you for reading, connecting and sharing your comments.

If you like this post, share it with your social networks. I appreciate YOU!

B Fearless

Jackie B





Popular Posts