Skip to main content

Video: The Transformative Power of Surrender


“If you surrender completely to the moments as they pass, you live more richly those moments.” - Anne Morrow Lindbergh 

Years ago when I first started watching Oprah, I had an intuitive hunch that she would be another strong example for me as to what is possible in a person's life when one has faith in God, and a genuine desire to be used by God for a greater purpose. 

Recently while surfing the web, I came across the following video. It resonated so much with the present dreams that I have for my life that I felt an urge to share it with others.


You and I know what it is like to have a burning desire to achieve a goal so bad that you become obsessive about it. I felt that way about becoming a business leader with Marriott. I feel that way about becoming a successful writer, author and business owner. 

I understand how one can want something so bad and when it seems as if it is not going to happen, how assumptions and beliefs about a situation can effect your mental, emotional, spiritual and physical states. This is never pleasant. Truth be told, most of us would rather avoid these feelings. I've certainly had my moments in which I placed my head in the sand.

Fortunately, as we embrace this path of personal growth, we have come to understand our power in making conscious decisions. This includes paying attention to the messages that we are getting in our life. They help us connect the dots to God's view and will for our lives. Making a soulful connection to our divine purpose and linking it with purpose-filled actions increase our capacity to activate the power of surrender.

The power of surrender is the act of developing the practice of maintaining an open mind to possibilities that you may have never considered. Too often, we want what we want the way we want it, right? I've certainly been guilty of being adamant about wanting something to unfold just the way I want it. So much so, that my attitude blocked my ability to "see" what was possible in several situations. 

We want to feel that we are in control. So practicing the act of surrender is not easy but it is doable and it has benefits. First, it helps us to manage our stress. Second, with a more relaxed mind we are more likely to gain fresh insights on a challenge or opportunity. Third, we access the space in which the wisdom of our intuition or inner guide is given free reign to help us navigate our "next" steps forward with courage and confidence.

This video inspires me to keep pressing through to the end, and to be open and willing to surrender my dreams to God. I have to  trust that He can and He will enable me to achieve dreams over and beyond what I can ever think is possible. I am expanding my faith beyond where it has gone before. And, I'm excited to see where this journey leads. It is my hope and prayer that as you regularly read this blog, you will be excited about the courageous steps you're taking to embrace new possibilities in your life.

I share this video with a inner "knowing" that those of you who are viewing it on this blog, do so because it was meant for you to see it now. It serves as a reminder for us that by surrendering more to God's will for our lives we access the strength of spirit and wisdom necessary to manifest God's grace, love and goodness in our lives. This video encourages me to believe that our best is yet to be!







As always, thank you for reading, sharing and contributing.

If you got value from this post, pay it forward and share the love with your social networks. What are your thoughts about the power of surrender? Share them in the comment section below.


Peace and Blessings,

Jackie

Popular posts from this blog

8 Reasons You Feel Emotionally Exhausted

If you neglect to recharge a battery, it dies. And if you run full speed ahead without stopping for water, you lose momentum to finish the race.
~ Oprah Winfrey ~

How often have you thought, “Where’s my get up and go? I’m tired all the time. But it’s not my body that’s tired. It’s like it’s me that’s tired inside my body.” So many of us are caught up in an energy rat race”, according to Mira Kirshenbaum, author of The Emotional Energy Factor: The Secrets High Energy People Use to Beat Emotional Fatigue. She says, “The demands of life, if not managed, will exhaust our emotional energy.” Emotional energy is defined by Kirshenbaum as “the preconditions for everything we care about. Everything worth doing that’s difficult gets lost without it. Marriages fail when we run out of the emotional energy to reach one more time across the divide of anger and silence. Dreams die when we lack the emotional energy to hang in there in the face of all the obstacles.” In my blog post, Simple Steps to Mana…

Veteran Day Quotes: 45 Inspirational Images and Sayings to Honor Our Veterans!

Managing Your Greatest Workplace Frustration

Whenever you’re in conflict with someone, there is one factor that can make the difference between damaging your relationship and deepening it. That factor is attitude.
~William James~
If I conducted a survey on your job and it consisted of this question: Out of the following two issues, which would you say is the greatest source of your workplace frustration: “people issues” or “job tasks”, which of the two issues do you believe would receive the most votes? For most of us, once we master the primary tasks related to our job, we are usually able to complete our position responsibilities with little or no help or supervision. But, when it comes down to dealing with rude customers, over-demanding bosses, and hard to get along with co-workers, most of us, would probably vote “people issues” as the greatest source of our workplace frustration. In this article, you will learn about key factors that can be used to better manage your workplace relationships and reduce the frustration that you…