Skip to main content

15 Must-Read Blogs for Personal Growth Enthusiasts


I am a self-help junkie. From the Bible to best-selling personal, professional and spiritual development books and resource, I strive to learn how I can help myself be the best person that I can be. And in turn, it helps me increase my capacity to help others live empowering lives!

I started this blog, originally named, It’s Your Move on February 13, 2009. My first post was entitled, Trust Your Inner Voice. I did so with the purpose of sharing my passion for information that would help me be better, do better and have better in life. Blogging provided me with the opportunity to realize that dream.
It was not until my second year that I became aware of the networking and business opportunities that come with blogging. I changed the name of the blog to It’s Your Move ~ Aspire Higher. Like many bloggers, I was not consistently blogging because many of the skills I assumed was necessary to succeed at it was not in my repertoire of skills.

Then I began to surf the web and came across bloggers who were not only providing personal growth content with keen insights, they were using their life as an experiment and documenting their findings on their blog for the world to see.
I became intrigued by how this platform was uniting people from all nations with similar interests and goals. Initially, I subscribed to many personal development sites. I like the efficiency of email, but I don’t like to wake up each day to 50+email subscriptions. Today, I prioritize my blog subscriptions based on my needs, interests and time available to read and digest any insights that I gain as a result of the information.

Most of the following blogs have maintained a “must-read on a continuous basis” status in my life during the past two years. I’ve been reading a few of them for less than 6 months, however I am engaged by their content and empowered by their voice and the community they’ve built.
I highly recommend visiting and subscribing to the blogs on this list that resonates with the needs and interests that you have at this time. Each of the blogs listed provides relevant and practical content that will inspire you to take action to live happier and courageously.  This list is in alphabetical order.

Top 15 Must-Read Personal Growth Blogs

 1.  DanielleLaPorte.com: Danielle LaPorte offers a “roof-raising” “yes you can sista” messages that empowers you to create goals with soul. She is the author of the book, The Fire Starter Sessions.

2.  ExpertEnough.com: ExpertEnough.com was founded by Corbett Barr. He runs the popular marketing blog, Think Traffic which is a must-read for anyone marketing products and/or services online. The expert advice and tips provided on this blog helps you get good enough for taking action towards passions that really matter to you.

3.  Four-Hour Work Week: The author of this blog, Timothy Ferris is a NY Times best-selling author of the book with the same name, The 4-Hour Workweek which has been sold into 35 languages. Tim inspires his readers to see life as an adventure and to live it passionately.

4.  Internet Café Devotions: Internet Café Devotions is operated by Lori Macmath. The blog offers a unique blend of devotionals to encourage and unite women of faith.

5.  Live Bold & Bloom: Live Bold & Bloom is written by Barrie Davenport, a Career and Life Transition Coach. Barrie encourages her community to live with passion as they stretch themselves beyond self-imposed comfort zones.

6.  Live Your Legend: Scott Dinsmore excites his readers with his content including his Living Legends Interviews. He offers practical tools, actions and experiments for understanding yourself, finding your purpose and doing work that you really love.

7.  MarieForleo.com: Marie Forleo has been recognized by Oprah as one of the next leading thought leaders on business, marketing and spirituality. She produces a blog series, entitled “Q&A Tuesday” which has recently received several awards for their content and creative production.

8.  MichaelHyatt.com: Michael Hyatt is the former Chairman and CEO of Thomas Nelson Publishers. He is the author of Platform: Get Noticed in a Noisy World. He is relatable and likeable, qualities that has enabled him to create a platform of influence.

9.  PersonalExcellence.co: Celestine Chua has created a powerhouse of personal developments articles, products and services in just four years. It is my opinion that she is a personal branding and online marketing genius. Her site is for people passionate about personal excellence in life.

10.      Positivity Blog: Henrik Edberg has consistently provided amazing content, timeless quotes and philosophies on living a better life. He shares practical happiness and awesomeness tips that work in real life.

11.      Radiant Soul Space: Radiant Soul Space is written by Otti Jasmini, a soul visionary, hearthugger and huge love advocate. She offers simple kick-ass content on matters of the soul.

12.      Simple Mindfulness: Simple Mindfulness is written by Paige Burkes. The blog explores simple steps to a happier life.

13.      StevePavlina.com: Steve Pavlina is widely recognized as one of the most successful personal development bloggers on the Internet. His site attracts more than two million monthly readers. His site focuses on developing your ability to make conscious and smart decisions.

14.      The Happiness Project: The Happiness Project is written by Gretchen Rubin. She is the NY Times best-selling author of the book, The Happiness Project. She blogs about all things relevant to expanding your happiness.

15.      Think Christian: This is a digital magazine that recognized contemporary culture and helps Christians see God’s story in our modern lifestyle. It is a project of Re-Frame Media, the English-language ministry of Back to God Ministries International.

In my 20s, I realized how powerful self-help knowledge could be in the transforming of your mind and life for the better, I knew within my soul that my life’s purpose would be tied to helping others grow forward and flourish.

Then the vision of how I was going to utilize all of the pieces of my life had not evolved. Today, I’m certain that this platform is one of the means in which the vision for my life and businesses evolve into something much more than I can even imagine.
Recently, I renamed this blog Grow Forward & Flourish. In my efforts of clarifying the vision that I have for the content and products offered on the site. Thank you so much for joining me on this journey. I applaud your efforts to be your best self and live your best life.

This list is only a snapshot of quality personal development blogs on the Internet. I encourage you to seek out what else is available. I trust that you will find as I have, voices and content that resonates with your soul.
 Thank you for being a part of the growing readership of Grow Forward & Flourish. I'm always seeking ways to improve the experience of community members, so your feedback and suggestions are welcomed. I appreciate you sharing this article with your network.

Unleash Your Power!
Jackie Capers-Brown






Founder, Grow Forward & Flourish


Note: You can overcome any limiting beliefs and assumptions diminishing your capacity to achieve you next level of success. My new book, Get Unstuck Now provides you with proven strategies that strengthens your inner-game which increases the effectiveness of your outer game. the level of leadership success that you achieve. Read Get Unstuck Now. It is available Amazon.com. You can get more details about the Kindle version  here and the paperback here.


Popular posts from this blog

8 Reasons You Feel Emotionally Exhausted

If you neglect to recharge a battery, it dies. And if you run full speed ahead without stopping for water, you lose momentum to finish the race.
~ Oprah Winfrey ~

How often have you thought, “Where’s my get up and go? I’m tired all the time. But it’s not my body that’s tired. It’s like it’s me that’s tired inside my body.” So many of us are caught up in an energy rat race”, according to Mira Kirshenbaum, author of The Emotional Energy Factor: The Secrets High Energy People Use to Beat Emotional Fatigue. She says, “The demands of life, if not managed, will exhaust our emotional energy.” Emotional energy is defined by Kirshenbaum as “the preconditions for everything we care about. Everything worth doing that’s difficult gets lost without it. Marriages fail when we run out of the emotional energy to reach one more time across the divide of anger and silence. Dreams die when we lack the emotional energy to hang in there in the face of all the obstacles.” In my blog post, Simple Steps to Mana…

Veteran Day Quotes: 45 Inspirational Images and Sayings to Honor Our Veterans!

Managing Your Greatest Workplace Frustration

Whenever you’re in conflict with someone, there is one factor that can make the difference between damaging your relationship and deepening it. That factor is attitude.
~William James~
If I conducted a survey on your job and it consisted of this question: Out of the following two issues, which would you say is the greatest source of your workplace frustration: “people issues” or “job tasks”, which of the two issues do you believe would receive the most votes? For most of us, once we master the primary tasks related to our job, we are usually able to complete our position responsibilities with little or no help or supervision. But, when it comes down to dealing with rude customers, over-demanding bosses, and hard to get along with co-workers, most of us, would probably vote “people issues” as the greatest source of our workplace frustration. In this article, you will learn about key factors that can be used to better manage your workplace relationships and reduce the frustration that you…