Therefore do not be unwise, but understand what the will of the Lord is.
~Eph. 5:17, NLT~
Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus, who being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God, but made himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men. And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross. Therefore, God also, has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. ~Philippians 2:5-11~
As a Christian, this particular calendar week highlights the depth of God's love for me and you. My faith in Jesus continues to be the cornerstone from which I have been able to build and rebuild my life. I am forever thankful that the Lord Jesus carried out the purpose of His life.
Because of His willingness to carry out our Heavenly Father's will, each of us have access to eternal life and the manifestation of God's power in our everyday life. It is my desire that I continue to grow forward so that my life is a manifestation of God's power, presence and provisions. It is my prayer that in sharing these scripture versus with you that it waters and strengthen your faith in God and the depth of the love that he has for you. He loves you so much that He allowed His son, Jesus to die so that you are able to live your life with a personal relationship with Christ "knowing" in the depth of your soul that you are loved and accepted.
If you have not accepted Jesus as your Lord and Savior, and you desire to have a personal relationship with Him, here are the steps that you need to take:
1. Admit you are a sinner and need forgiveness.
2. Believe that Jesus Christ died for you on the Cross and rose from the grave.
3. Through prayer, confess that Jesus Christ is the only way to God and commit to live for Him for the rest of your life.
A Simple Prayer for Salvation
I admit that I am a sinner. I have done many things that don’t please you. I have lived my life for myself. I am sorry and I repent. I ask you to forgive me. I believe that you died on the cross for me, to save me. You did what I could not do for myself. I come to you now and ask you to take control of my life, I give it to you. Help me to live every day in a way that pleases you. I love you, Lord, and I thank you that I will spend all eternity with you.
God loved the people of this world so much that He gave His only son, so that everyone who has faith in Him will have eternal life and never die (John 3:16)
- Get involved with a local church that teaches God's word in truth and power.
- Begin to study your bible. Review various bible reading plans and commit to one that is doable or you. Don't get caught up with someone else's bible reading plan.
- Get involved with like minded individuals.
- Seek opportunities to serve others with your talents.
- Pray daily, meditating on God's word and how you can apply it to your life.
- Work God's word by applying it in your life. You are a co-creator with God to manifest His will for your life. Faith in God is not a "magic-pill". Spiritual principles have to be applied on a consistent basis over time to see results.
- Seek ways to grow spiritually.
- Trust that all things are working together for your highest good.
Just like the prodigal son, God's hand is stretched open welcoming anyone who has lost his or her way, whether it's the first time that you are seeking the Lord or seeking to rebuild your relationship with Him, you are loved and precious in His sight. His mercy renews everyday and His grace is sufficient to meet you right where you are.
Peace and Blessings to You on Your Spiritual Journey
References: About.com Christianity,