Skip to main content

Travel a Path of Purpose

The Purpose Driven Life (Hardcover)On Good Friday, I traveled to Pigeon Forge for a weekend in the mountains with members of my family. Little did I know that I would encounter and be reminded of so many life lessons in a 4-day experience.  For the start, since I've been 7 or 8 years old, I've been scared of traveling around mountains because of a class trip on a  Greyhound that left me so terrified I was almost speechless.  Those who know me, KNOW that for me to be almost speechless... I had to be afraid.  That would mean that I had to have little or nothing to say and unless I'm sleep, praying or meditating rarely is it that I have NOTHING to say.

So on the wings of my faith and the reminder of how it has been my faith that's given me the courage to face and overcome other fears i.e. driving a car, flying on a plane, and public speaking I placed my trust in God and agreed to take the trip.  I agreed to take the trip...I didn't agree to drive the entire trip going to Pigeon Forge.  Under the circumstances that I found myself...my choice would have been to drive or stay home.
So I took over the rented Ford Escape and proceeded towards The Great Smokey Mountains traveling
I-26W to 40W.

We had use of a GPS system...the problem...it would not recalculate the detour route that we had to take because of the rock slide from over a month ago.  Unfamiliar with the highway, I stopped at 5 gas stations and received inaccurate information.  I asked a police office on one occassion how to get to Pigeon Forge when we were in the upper part of NC, he had no clue.  We traveled through so many small towns I forgot their names.  We purchased a paper atlas, which back in the day I was highly skilled in using, somehow on Friday the highway lines all seemed to go around in circles.

But get this, I had three other licensed drivers traveling in the vehicle with me and my nephew.  Why did a trip that should have taken at the most 6 hours take 9.5 hours?  Where will the path that you are currently on take your life? With every decision and action you are creating your reality.  Make sure it is a reality you can live with.  When you live a purpose driven life, the clarity that you receive from knowing what it is that you want to experience supports your decsions and actions. In the days to follow, I will post the life lessons that came as a result of this trip and hopefully you will gain some insight from my lessons. Until the next time....

Success Becomes You!

Popular posts from this blog

8 Reasons You Feel Emotionally Exhausted

If you neglect to recharge a battery, it dies. And if you run full speed ahead without stopping for water, you lose momentum to finish the race.
~ Oprah Winfrey ~

How often have you thought, “Where’s my get up and go? I’m tired all the time. But it’s not my body that’s tired. It’s like it’s me that’s tired inside my body.” So many of us are caught up in an energy rat race”, according to Mira Kirshenbaum, author of The Emotional Energy Factor: The Secrets High Energy People Use to Beat Emotional Fatigue. She says, “The demands of life, if not managed, will exhaust our emotional energy.” Emotional energy is defined by Kirshenbaum as “the preconditions for everything we care about. Everything worth doing that’s difficult gets lost without it. Marriages fail when we run out of the emotional energy to reach one more time across the divide of anger and silence. Dreams die when we lack the emotional energy to hang in there in the face of all the obstacles.” In my blog post, Simple Steps to Mana…

Veteran Day Quotes: 45 Inspirational Images and Sayings to Honor Our Veterans!

Managing Your Greatest Workplace Frustration

Whenever you’re in conflict with someone, there is one factor that can make the difference between damaging your relationship and deepening it. That factor is attitude.
~William James~
If I conducted a survey on your job and it consisted of this question: Out of the following two issues, which would you say is the greatest source of your workplace frustration: “people issues” or “job tasks”, which of the two issues do you believe would receive the most votes? For most of us, once we master the primary tasks related to our job, we are usually able to complete our position responsibilities with little or no help or supervision. But, when it comes down to dealing with rude customers, over-demanding bosses, and hard to get along with co-workers, most of us, would probably vote “people issues” as the greatest source of our workplace frustration. In this article, you will learn about key factors that can be used to better manage your workplace relationships and reduce the frustration that you…